Introduction to Health Safety and Environment (OSHA)
- Health: Is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being of an individual not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
- Safety: Is the state of been free from danger or harm
- Environment: the environment is our surroundings which includes air, land and water.
- PARE. Personnel, Assets, Reputation and Environment
- ALARP: As Low As Reasonably Practicable. This is a term used to reduce Hazards to the barest minimum.
- Hazard: Is any thing or activity that can cause harm or damage to PARE
- Incident: Is an unplanned event which may or may not lead to harm or damage.
- Accident: is unplanned event which leads to harm or damage.
- Near-miss: is unplanned event which did not lead to harm or damage.
- Unsafe Act and Unsafe Condition: an unsafe act is any action or omission which does not regard safety rules e.g making phone call while driving.